Ready to eat a truck. Literally. Day Five.

Posted by B Merrick On Wednesday, April 14, 2010 0 comments

Today has definitely gone by the easiest.

I am finding staying mentally busy is my best weapon.

Every time I see food or think about a restaurant, I immediately imagine myself devouring not just a nibble, but an entire banquet of whatever my favorite item is (can you say food addiction). Today I drove by a Dorito's delivery truck and imagined myself in an Ally McBeal vignette where I was actually eating the truck in giant bites that crunched like the chips themselves. And yes, I meant the truck itself, not just it's cargo.

The interesting thing is that for every time I have one of these images, I check in with my body and while my stomach is by all means hungry, I also find that it is "fine" and that I'm able to keep moving forward.

The hardest hurdle of the day was actually going to a movie and watching (and listening and smelling) as my friend enjoyed "free popcorn" Wednesday. I knew the movie would be a good idea because it was a guaranteed two hours of not thinking about food. I hadn't considered the concession stand.

However I do know that I felt better for not having had the popcorn than if I had indulged either on or off program, and that in itself is progress.

For dinner I made a sort of cole slaw.

In my Cooks 5-in-1 I blended Garlic, water, red wine vinegar, sea salt, pepper, one pack of Stevia, mustard powder and tossed it over a head of chopped cabbage.

Savory. Crunchy. Strangely satisfying.

0 comments to Ready to eat a truck. Literally. Day Five.

Post a Comment