Cream of Celery Soup. Day Six.

Posted by B Merrick On Thursday, April 15, 2010 0 comments
Last Sunday, I took my shopping list to Whole Foods with me. Out of context of the meal plan (that I hadn't fully wrapped my mind around yet), I bought a radish and celery bunches. By Monday, as I was wrapping my mind around the meal plan (you get to have ONE vegetable at a time for one of your two main meals of the day), it dawned on me that I had no need (more like desire) to "waste" a meal on either of these vegetables (most notably the celery).

But here I am on day four of the restricted plan and already surprising myself at how in control I am already getting with my hunger. If you can imagine (as I am still trying), I made it until 2pm (not consciously) until I realized I hadn't prepared lunch. To make matters worse, I realized that the vegetables I am down to are (you probably guessed it) celery and radishes!

For a brief moment, I began to throw an internal fit. But then I got creative.

In a pot, I added about 2 cups of the Whole Foods 365 Vegetable broth, a few whole garlic cloves (I like the spice and the flavor garlic adds), chopped the entire celery bunch and added a few seasonings (cumin, mustard, sea salt, pepper and a little lemon juice). Once the celery was tender (but not mush because I still wanted some fiber in there), I transfered it to my blender.

Guess who just had a large and SATISFYING bowl of Cream of Celery Soup?

Would it have been better with some actual cream and perhaps a dollop of olive oil on top? Without question. But was it delicious enough to where I actually didn't miss it? Absolutely.

Now if only I can figure out something for those damn radishes...

0 comments to Cream of Celery Soup. Day Six.

Post a Comment