Community. Day 13

Posted by B Merrick On Thursday, April 22, 2010 0 comments
Did anyone else watch tonight's Community? I love that show. I really do. But tonight, I think I'd have rather sat through a video watching someone fish.

The entire episode revolved around the power of chicken fingers. If there wasn't video of them eating chicken fingers, they were packing them up, passing them around or talking about them. My Achilles heel in food is not chocolate or desserts, like most people suffer. Mine is salty, crispy fried yumminess that you can dip in a sauce.

Tonight, while watching TV, I almost ate the couch. Fearful that my temptation might win and a cheat seemed inevitable, I reached deep into the cobwebs of my mind and got creative. Isn't there some quote about finding greatness in your darkest hour? Well that is what I did tonight.

I ran to the kitchen and got out my handy and loyal Cooks 5-in-1 (I really wish it had a better name) and filled it with ice, a packet of stevia and a half of a lemon (I just peeled it and threw it in. No need to waste time squeezing it).

Within about 90 seconds, I was eating a refreshing lemon icee. Guilt free. Craving killing. It almost felt like a treat and a reward.

The 30 minutes that show was on tonight, has been, without question, my hardest 30 minutes since starting this program!

0 comments to Community. Day 13

Post a Comment