The Last Supper and Richard Pryor. Day Two.

Posted by B Merrick On Sunday, April 11, 2010 0 comments
Did you ever see that Richard Pryor movie, Brewster's Millions? He has 30 days to spend 30 million dollars and can't have anything left over at the end to show for it so that he can inherit 300 million. The idea is, he will be so sick of spending money by the end of the month that he will never want to spend another dime. If you want to know how it ends, check out the movie. If you are wondering why I am bringing it up, well, wait no further.

After this weekend, I think the same can be said for me and eating. The first two days of BTL, you are not just encouraged, but instructed to fill yourself up on all of the greasy fatty over indulgences you can. There's really a scientific reason for this, but I'm not the doctor and can't really explain that one. But psychologically, let me tell you, I can already see it's benefit.

You already know about my cake, and yes that was also my bottle of wine. The weekend was wonderful. I had my favorite pizza, doughnuts, not one but two bacon cheeseburgers from The Habit (not at once, but it was so good that I went back today), a steak with blue cheese crumbles (and somehow a side of bacon) and finally for dinner tonight, I had hamburger sliders (I didn't even bother with the bun at this point since I was so stuffed) and I made a batch of Mario Batalli's chicken liver pate (which has now been made famous by one of L.A's best restaurants, Pizzeria Mozza).

I'm full. There is no getting around it. Psychologically, I am ready for tomorrow to begin. I feel like a prize fighter ready to get in the ring. And like Brewster, I don't want to eat another bite.

Just don't quote me on that. I'd hate for that to "bite" me in the ass.

0 comments to The Last Supper and Richard Pryor. Day Two.

Post a Comment